First In Class Innovation
The innovative technologies used to create Prevail® products are geared toward improving quality of life for people experiencing loss of bladder control. We are continuously focused on improving and advancing our product collections to best support LOBC needs. Learn more about Prevail® technologies below.
Skin Smart® Fabric — For Skin Wellness
Skin health is an ongoing concern for those living with Loss of Bladder or Bowel Control (LOBC). Prevail® products keep skin dry while providing skin caring benefits with Skin Smart® fabric. This breakthrough material is made with Vitamin E and natural botanicals Aloe and Chamomile, known for protecting, soothing and promoting healthy skin. These details can make a dramatic step toward improving overall skin wellness.
- Keeps skin comfortably dry – The fabric wicks urine quickly and locks moisture away from the skin even when the product is under pressure of body weight.
- Promotes skin integrity – The larger breathable surface areas allow skin to breathe. The reduction of excess heat prevents perspiration and susceptibility to irritants and microbial growth.
- Hypo-allergenic care with Vitamin E and botanicals – The inner layer of the product that comes in contact with the skin is enriched with skincare ingredients that will not wipe off or impede its ability to wick away and lock up liquid.
Prevail Odor Guard® Technology - Helps reduce odor
Odor protection is critical to achieving normalcy of life quality. Prevail® products feature Odor Guard® technology. Combined with a super absorbent polymer for dual protection, Odor Guard® is proven to reduce the total amount of odor-causing ammonia formed during and after use. This odor-reducing detail improves air quality in long-term care settings and creates a friendlier environment that ultimately influences staff, resident and family satisfaction.
- Superior odor control when and where it matters – When urine mixes with air, the naturally occurring bacteria breaks it down to form a strong odor. Prevail® effectively controls odor formation when and where it happens.
- Helps prevent odors before they are formed – Prevail® with Odor Guard® reduces the total ammonia that is formed within the incontinence product.
- Helps absorb any odor that may still get generated – The super absorbent polymer effectively absorbs any odor that may still be generated before urine degrades into the open environment.
Many products use non-porous materials to prevent leakage, but it also traps in air, making them not so comfortable for people with LOBC. AirMax
MaxSoft Technology™ — Super Quick & Super Soft
It’s not easy to combine performance-grade leakage protection with skin-friendly softness and comfort. Prevail® products feature the proprietary QUICK WICK® layer with MaxSoft Technology™ that provides advanced softness with rapid liquid acquisition speed to deliver optimal product performance. These seemingly small details can improve skin health by keeping skin drier and reducing leakage—in a way that feels soothingly soft to the skin.
- Softness you can touch – Changing the funnel pattern, size, shape, arrangement and reducing height makes the fabric feel softer. Smaller openings create less friction and are less noticeable to the touch.
- Greater and faster absorbency – Increasing the number of funnels creates a more permeable film. The unique arrangement of the funnels maintains the integrity and stability of the acquisition layer’s areas for absorption.
Thinner Absorbent Cores - Move Freely With More Discretion
People with LOBC want to move about freely without the worry of leakage. They count on thicker products to absorb unpredictable leaks even if they are not very discreet and often limit their movements. Prevail® has innovative new materials and the manufacturing expertise that make it possible for its products to absorb more liquid with less bulky materials.
- Discreet absorbency – The discreet core technology allows for thinner products that are highly absorbent so users can move more freely.
- Comfortable protection – These thinner products lock up liquid away from the skin and can absorb more than its actual weight.
Prevail® Quality Features